Latest Project -- Birdseye Maple and Walnut Box

In a recent visit to the local Woodcraft Store, I spied a piece of Birdseye Maple which called out to me, "Take me home and make something." Put together a walnut and maple box with handrubbed tung oil and varnish mix. The small eyes seem to stand out from the maple background. Box is 2" by 5" by 7" and I still have a good sized piece of the maple left.
Also, for those who may be interested, I have updated my hand tool pages to show a number of tools that I found on two motor trips this year to the upper Midwest and Southeastern states. I fear that I am becoming a "collector", although I still adhere to my definition of "user" by cleaning, sharpening, and putting each newly acquired antique tool into good working order.
Ken Vaughn
Visit My Workshop: /