Latest Project

Nothing to make Leon jealous, but a handy little piece to organize my desk and raise my monitors up to head height.
The Finished Product: https://flic.kr/p/LRABMF
The (simple) Construction Details https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguarino/albums/72157671022947133
On 10/2/2016 11:31 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Very Nice..
I have two of these and thinking one large one, like yours, would be better. :~)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/29774736910/in/dateposted-public/
On 10/2/2016 12:59 PM, Leon wrote:

I can't help but notice the disparity in craftsmanship between what you build for your wife's workspace and your own. :)
On 10/3/2016 10:21 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

;~) Her monitor sits on the twin.. I built them years ago.
On 10/02/2016 11:31 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Seems you may have done... :)
I've the same (it appears) monitor as one excepting when I bought the second Acer had changed the stand so one sits about 3/4" lower than t'other... :(
I've not bothered but yours (and Leon's) has given rise to some thinking -- guess there's another item on the 'todo' list. Thanks a whole bunch for that! :)
On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 1:31:50 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/f6/f6d45d44-181d-46a4-bf06-53f77627b853_400.jpg
;-)
On 10/2/2016 3:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Do you have a Sketchup drawing for that? ;~)
On 10/02/2016 3:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

Undoubtedly beyond my skill level... :)
On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 6:28:45 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

No matter. You can simply download it (yes, really)
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id 56db759ecb47b49e52b9642c233452
On 10/2/2016 12:31 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

router dado jig idea a couple years back. This my second-incarnation jig; this one's width-adjustable.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguarino/29931754225/in/album-72157671022947133/
It is so easy to use and makes such clean, snug dadoes that I'm not sure I'd change over even if I had a table saw. This one's a little longer too. I was able to make the dadoes on both the top and bottom boards in one pass, laying them side by side.
On 10/3/2016 10:46 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Does this look familiar? ;~)
Well actually I used the router jig until I got a good dado set now I don't use the jig. ;~)
Although I do have a similar jig that finishes stopped dados.
On 10/3/2016 1:25 PM, Leon wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/16531011026/in/dateposted-public/
On 10/3/2016 3:25 PM, Leon wrote:

That does look familiar, but I saw something a little simpler - more like mine - before that.