Latest Project

I just posted pictures of my latest project over on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.
Chris Schwarz of Popular Woodworking says that everytime he builds a workbench, it occupies his every waking moment. I found him to be correct but there is that certain satisfaction. It isn't perfect, but not bad for the first attempt. The wood is Southern Red Oak(which I thought was drier than it was), the finish is three coats of a 50/50 mix of boiled lindseed oil and mineral spirits, the screw for the chop is a 1" Acme Lead Screw from The Surplus Center (with two flanged bearings, the one on the chop serving as the garter and the nut held in a block on the backside of the leg), the weight is in the neighborhood of 350 pounds.
Deb
Looks great. Good job.
My latest project, finished yesterday, is a back door for the work room at the back of the garage. For 2 years I had been wanting to replace the old original door, which had some wear, loose joints and began dragging the floor. http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/7447111346/in/photostream Will install it today.
Sonny

I took a look at that and it amazed me to see what some people can cobble together out of a hundred bucks worth of wood. (joke) Very nice job with some clever aids built in. May it help you in making beautiful wood things in the many years to come.