Latest Project

Turned some spindles for a stool.
The stool was intended for shop use -- now I am not so sure. You can see the stool at the following link. http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/productsbusiness/productsfurniture.html
Just the spindles... http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/productsbusiness/turnedwood.html
On this page, Note the link to the extremely High-tech grinder jig adjustment system.
Patent Pending...
It always works -- no matter the wheel size. It is a Veritas Grinder jig -- but quite frankly the Veritas Adjustment Tool is a PITA to use. (Apologies to Robin Lee) This one is much simpler and several times faster to use... It can be set by feel. Simply loosen off both adjustments and set table -- tighten bottom screw then top screw - typical adjustment time -- 5 seconds or less.
Cost per adjustment jig < $.01 (CDN that is LOL) Accuracy of grinder setting when cutting tools were checked with test gauges -- could not estimate due to minimal error.
I did a run of gauges for all the Lathe Tools I own and it took about 1/2 hour to design and manufacture a complete set of angle setting gauges for all tools -- based on custom grinds applied to the tools.
Was going to start making bowls -- SWMBO has suggested some bar stools -- then left before I could get my hands on her... GRRRR!
[snipperified for brevitarization.]

A sensible height to fall from in case one gets Pedrofied.<g>
I really like those lamps, btw.
00
Rob

That must've taken some fancy turning to get those square profiles to come out so nice!
- Owen -