Latest foundry oil burner experiment

I have been fooling around with using oil as the fuel in my foundry furnace. Some of you may remember my experiments using a small paint gun as a burner for diesel fuel. A kind gent wrote to me and offered me a Becket gun style furnace burner for HHO (home heating oil). I am burning diesel fuel in it to start, just because I had some from an old fuel tank and it looks too nasty to put back in my truck. I got it going (needed a new nozzle) and melted some aluminum with it. It sure is nice to be able to just plug it in and it lights. And hot...ooh MAMA! I hope to convert it to WMO (waste motor oil), but it does real well as is. Lots of pictures here: < Click the links titled: Melting aluminum with diesel fuel The beginnings of a waste oil foundry Unaltered Becket home heating burner as a foundry furnace burner
Ron Thompson On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA My hobby pages are here: /
Visit the castinghobby FAQ: /
The member map is here: