Latest Curb Crawlin' Acquisition

Picked this pair of chairs next to someone's trash. I believe they are ash or red oak. The owner tried to repair them with gobs of glue and screws. Apparently, they vented their frustrations on the bottom part of one chair on the left. I can easily make the right chair good with parts from the left but one complete leg is missing. They are topcoated with gosh awful gloss polyurethane.

Lawrence L'Hote

Pat Barber
26 April 2005 10:42 am:

My wife grabbed a set of 6 spindle-back maple chairs a few weeks ago. Five are repairable, the seat of the sixth is going to become a matching platter. :-) Bill

Reply to
Bill C.

"Lawrence L'Hote" wrote in news:Qrsbe.22207$r53.3987@attbi_s21:

So who do you give all this stuff to, once you're done fixing the world's furniture problems? There's no way it all fits in your place.

I have a brother-in-law who is correctly accused of bringing more home from the dump than he takes. My sister has gotten to the point of making the dump run herself, when he's out of town...

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Patriarch wrote in news:Xns9644AAFCD5E5Cpatriarchatcomcastdo@216.196.97.136:

Here, (Oregon, greater PDX area) -- they won't let you take stuff outta the dump. Probably a good thing, as I'd be in the same boat.

I have, however, found a local woodworking shop (not really sure what they make) that sets out a smallish dumpster of cutoffs every so often. I've made a couple of good scores there ...

Regards,

JT

Reply to
John Thomas

Accumulating other people's junk has made for a space problem. I have relatives, who don't meet my worthiness requirement, that want anything I will give them. Otherwise, I will just give stuff away to people that show an interest. These two chairs are not my style really and I plan to fix one and cannibalize the wood from the other...

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote