last chapter in router saga

When we last joined Newbie Wood, he was waiting on his Vermont American router table to arrive. Well, the table arrived and after assembling it I noticed the mounting holes for the router didn't line up with the PC router holes. After spending much time searching for an adapter on the Web and calling both PC, Vermont and local stores (no adapters to be had), I just drilled three new holes in my router table. Then I had to do that counter sink thing but half the screw hole straddled the high part and low part and so a large bit wouldn't do it. I went to a hardware store and got a bit that was shaped like a bullet and I sort of scraped at an angle and after several minutes I had the screw heads flush with the top of the table!
I mounted the router and finished the assembly and now I am ready to try it out tomorrow. I calibrated the height (was a breeze) and the table is much better than the Crapsman I had. Same idea but better quality and more features (jointing fence - not that I know what that is exactly, one solid piece for fence, hole for vacuum, off/on switch w/two outlets.
Tim
I have a Vermont American router table myself. They must have changed the design. On mine, there is a steel plate that you have to drill and countersink for your router. It then attaches to the router base in place of the sub base. The screws that go through the table screw into this plate, not the router itself. There was no need to drill the table.

I just checked. They have three different models. Must be a different one.

workbench
shadowy

Third.

and