Laser tape measure?

Page 2 of 2

Measure twice

Better make that 5-foot sticks, otherwise you would get any overlap at your 8' measurement..<G>
<SNIP> both had been opened, resealed, and put back on the shelf.</ SNIP>
Or, the customer bought one, carefully unpacked it (I use a razor blade to make the minimal cuts in that plastic packaging), measured his one or two rooms, re-packaged it and returned it saying "I just couldn't get it to work as expected."
Some things you really need to try before committing - wish you could do that with these @$(^)% computers and MS Operating Systems!
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:12:57 -0400, Richard Evans wrote:

I have a "Houseworks Digitape" ultra sound measuring tool that I'm happy with but could only find references to the patent. The Zircon 58429 DMS50 50 Ultrasonic Measure at this site looks much the same.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
RLM wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Don't count on it being the same. Reading the patent on which your Digitape and the Stanley Intellimeasure (at least one model--before I paid money for it I'd want to make sure that the one I was getting did list that patent somewhere) and the reviews of the older model Intellimeasure on Amazon, it appears that for what is was designed to do it's surprisingly decent. Enough so that if I wanted such a device I'd risk the 20 bucks.
Note that Stanley is also selling a "TLM-100 Trulaser" (Amazon.com product link shortened)16682863&sr=8-1, which is a poor man's Disto--it was designed in partnership with Leica and uses the same technology, with some corners cut to bring the price below 100 bucks at the cost of shorter range, poor direct sunlight performance, and reduced accuracy (1/4 inch vs 1/16 inch).
--John