Laser Engravers? For Wood Doors and Granite tiles?

I'm sure this forum gets a lot of questions about which is the best laser engraver out there. If anybody has some time or advise about my particular situation, I would like any input on today's Laser Engravers? I know that this is a general question with many opinions, but I would like to Engrave Granite and also get into solid wood doors. I've been a CNC Machinist and 3-D Modeler for years now and I am tired of it. Time for a new direction. I have a guy from Vy- Tek trying to give me the old sales pitch. I've got a guy from Epilog doing the same thing. I've seen the Universal and a few others too. (Too small.) Basically, I need a fairly BIG TABLE to do my work. WHO has the best laser engraver, with the best Software and best Hardware for the best price? Best warranty?? and Support?? I'm ready to drop $$$ 50 big ones and want the best bang for my buck. Any experience and input would be awesome. Thanks, DAN
I've only had experience with my Vy-tek laser. We've had the laser for 2 1/2 years. However, I've been very happy overall with the laser. I have a Special FX with 36"x48" table. I generally work with granite and marble, but I also do cabinet doors, both glass and wood, and have had excellent results. I've worked with several other substrates as well.
As far as warranty and tech support go, I never had to use the warranty (which is up now) and tech support is O.K., not necessarily great, but O.K. I sometimes wonder if the tech support guys know as much about the machine as I do. The only major complaint I've had is that the machine gets knocked out of allignment very easily. Sometimes it seems like if I close the lid to hard it is out of allignment. Of course other machines may be the same way.
Hope this helps. LP
http://www.carrollstileandstone.com
On Jul 2, 11:32 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

We actually don't get a lot of questions on that subject. Lots more on table saws, bandsaws, routers, and so on.
My 1st suggestion is to try your question at SawMill Creek forum ( moderated forum) they have a section just dedicated to laser engravers and the software to run them. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/index.php .
There are several other Internet forums dedicated to very small CNC shops support, I just didn't keep their links.
Not my place to say anything, but just a word if you will allow.... About your investment, keep in mind that you will need to drop a good amount into computers, printers, plotters, and software. When I browse around at the SMC forum, I get a nagging feeling that the problems being posted seem more computers and software user related than anything else. But you might know that already with your background.
Good luck. Phil