large router

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 14:12:45 -0600, Leon wrote:

Each piece will have two slots in the same plane, doing 4 pieces a minute or so.
That is the plan to build a fixed template with two slots to hog out the dados, templates can be fixed with enough slack to allow swapping workpieces without a lot of futzing about. Speed is more important than accuracy for this and if the dadoes are within an 1/16" of where they are supposed to be, all will be good.
basilisk

'k, I gotta' ask: What the heck are you making?
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:03:09 -0800, Zz Yzx wrote:

Not really at liberty to be specific, but think "throwaway shipping pieces"
basilisk
On 2/13/2013 3:03 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:

Dadoes?
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/13/2013 7:45 AM, basilisk wrote:

<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>

Steinway pianos. After they glue up the laminated frame they trim the edges with a saw that is basically a 10- or 20-hp motor with a horizontally-mounted saw blade attached. The piano frame, on a dolly, is pushed through the unshielded saw by a couple or three brave guys.
On 2/14/13 4:21 PM, scritch wrote:

I think that was called "Note By Note" and it's on Netflix.
--

-MIKE-

"basilisk" wrote:

<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>

Milwaukee 5625; however, trying to use that beast as a hand held device scares the hell out of me.
Give some thought to mounting the router securely and fixturing the part while it is being cut.
Lew
On Friday, February 15, 2013 4:33:18 PM UTC-6, Lew Hodgett wrote:

and fixturing the part while it is being cut. Lew
On advice from those here, I bought the Milwaukee 5625-20 and am very pleas ed with it. I not only needed an upgrade, but I need some beef.
Hand held routing can be safe with the 5625. Just take your time and make shallow cuts. I recently made rabbets with a 5/8" straight bit and there w as no problem handling the router or the cutting. I made shallow and narro w cuts, not one-pass cutting. I would not attempt making a 5/8" dado by a hand held method with this 5/8" bit.
I bought this router for using these large profile bits (first few pics on the Photostream link). I would not attempt to use the hand held method for these bits. As someone said, using the hand held method, with large bits, are likely to throw the router, throw the wood or both. I have yet to mak e a router table, but it's on my agenda. http://www.flickr.com/photos/438 36144@N04/
I would recommend the Milwaukee 5625-20.
Sonny
"Sonny" wrote:
Hand held routing can be safe with the 5625. Just take your time and make shallow cuts. --------------------------------------- Agree: however, speed was a part of the requirements specified.
IMHO, speed and a large hand held router are mutually exclusive.
Lew