Large order for chain.

They like the proto type.

Robatoy

Swingman

units?

And, how is their coffee?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

When I saw the subject line, my first thoughts were,

"How big is the boat?"

"How much chain?"

"What kind of price are you looking at?"

"When are you going to buy?"

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yup, CNC. That inlay and engraving gave me just enough of an edge on the competition. The rest of the work is old hat.

Reply to
Robatoy

They like the proto type.

The CNC cuts the shape, dados the groove for the backsplash. cuts the hole for the waste-catcher, cuts the inlay, the v-groove of the letters and sidesplashes all in one go, with 2 bits. 20 minutes each. Assembly and adhesive set-up time about 1 hour. Trim & sand, 3 hours.

Excellent... without that ridiculous Starbucks price.

Reply to
Robatoy

Biggest gloat of all is being able to turn a passion into cash ... congratulations, you suck dude!

Reply to
Swingman

links. :-)

Great work. Is the gold just paint?

Reply to
-MIKE-

The cash is nice, but where the real satisfaction comes from is the continuing challenges and the victories. I was going stale and complacent. This bag of tricks has me sitting upright...a lot. A basic day is a mix of feeling stupid and feeling pretty damn smug. Life is good. One of them there toysH^H^H^tools is highly recommended.

Reply to
Robatoy

Just a rattle can of gold. It is indoors, so it should be okay. For outdoor use, a friend of mine is an ace with leaf. I could have coated the letters with some FrogJuice.

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm happy for you, Rob ... down to the punchlist the last house on the drawing board for the time being, and looking forward to becoming stale and complacent ... for a short while! :)

BTW, got a countertop horror story for you on this one ... "recycled gla$$" ... these guys think they are "artiste's", rather than craftsman, and act accordingly. First time I've had to deal with a lawyer during construction in years and about the only satisfaction I got was a nose-to-nose, ten minute ass chewing performance, for all the good that did ... and at my age.

shitty work ... damn Austin green, 21st century, barefooted, asshole hippies!

Reply to
Swingman

"Robatoy" wrote

One of them there toysH^H^H^tools is highly recommended. ===================================

If that isn't the perfect argument to go out and buy more tools/toys, I don't know what is.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Swingman" wrote

Artist, eh? Bad taste meets poor technique.

It looks like a drug hallucination.

Which would explain some things.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Did you mask?

I'm guessing you could've had some paper over the whole surface before routing, then it would be masked for the spaying.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Holy cow, that looks just like the candy I used love when I was a kid.

Reply to
-MIKE-

It sure isn't pretty. That kind of home decor gives me an upset stomach. Got invited to a neighbour's house one time for a Christmas party and they had something similar. Never went over again.

Reply to
Upscale

"-MIKE-" wrote

I just can't help myself.

Spaying?? I did not know that countertop material could reproduce. Know something we don't? :-)

Besides, I don't think that Robatoy has the proper license for that sort of thing.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Hey ... I just build 'em, I don't color 'em.

:)

Reply to
Swingman

Ahhh, jeez. :-)

My friend used to help a farmer castrate pigs as a summer job.

From what he tells me, he could've used some masking tape for the mess which resulted. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nope. The gold one I just aimed and sprayed, then with a hard pad on the Rotex, sanded it flat. The inlay, I just grooved it, filled it high, then Rotex'd it flat.

Reply to
Robatoy