They like the proto type.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/CLtop2.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/ClTop3.jpg
Robatoy wrote:

Nicely done ... cnc?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Yup, CNC. That inlay and engraving gave me just enough of an edge on the competition. The rest of the work is old hat.
Robatoy wrote:

Biggest gloat of all is being able to turn a passion into cash ... congratulations, you suck dude!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

The cash is nice, but where the real satisfaction comes from is the continuing challenges and the victories. I was going stale and complacent. This bag of tricks has me sitting upright...a lot. A basic day is a mix of feeling stupid and feeling pretty damn smug. Life is good. One of them there toysH^H^H^tools is highly recommended.
Robatoy wrote:

I'm happy for you, Rob ... down to the punchlist the last house on the drawing board for the time being, and looking forward to becoming stale and complacent ... for a short while! :)
BTW, got a countertop horror story for you on this one ... "recycled gla$$" ... these guys think they are "artiste's", rather than craftsman, and act accordingly. First time I've had to deal with a lawyer during construction in years and about the only satisfaction I got was a nose-to-nose, ten minute ass chewing performance, for all the good that did ... and at my age.
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG00004-20090909-0746.jpg
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/IMG00003-20090909-0745.jpg
Unbelievably shitty work ... damn Austin green, 21st century, barefooted, asshole hippies!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Artist, eh? Bad taste meets poor technique.
It looks like a drug hallucination.
Which would explain some things.
Swingman wrote:

Holy cow, that looks just like the candy I used love when I was a kid.
--

-MIKE-

It sure isn't pretty. That kind of home decor gives me an upset stomach. Got invited to a neighbour's house one time for a Christmas party and they had something similar. Never went over again.
Upscale wrote:

Hey ... I just build 'em, I don't color 'em.
:)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

I thought they all moved to DC?
--
Jack
Got Change: People Power =====> Government Power!

Good for you. How much work is there involved in making each of those units?
And, how is their coffee?

They like the proto type.

The CNC cuts the shape, dados the groove for the backsplash. cuts the hole for the waste-catcher, cuts the inlay, the v-groove of the letters and sidesplashes all in one go, with 2 bits. 20 minutes each. Assembly and adhesive set-up time about 1 hour. Trim & sand, 3 hours.

Excellent... without that ridiculous Starbucks price.
When I saw the subject line, my first thoughts were,
"How big is the boat?"
"How much chain?"
"What kind of price are you looking at?"
"When are you going to buy?"
Lew
Robatoy wrote:

I'm with the other guy, I though you were looking for a lot of big links. :-)
Great work. Is the gold just paint?
--

-MIKE-

Just a rattle can of gold. It is indoors, so it should be okay. For outdoor use, a friend of mine is an ace with leaf. I could have coated the letters with some FrogJuice.
Robatoy wrote:

Did you mask?
I'm guessing you could've had some paper over the whole surface before routing, then it would be masked for the spaying.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote

I just can't help myself.
Spaying?? I did not know that countertop material could reproduce. Know something we don't? :-)
Besides, I don't think that Robatoy has the proper license for that sort of thing.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Ahhh, jeez. :-)
My friend used to help a farmer castrate pigs as a summer job.
From what he tells me, he could've used some masking tape for the mess which resulted. :-)
--

-MIKE-