Large, Long Holes in Wood...

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Tubes for uranium enrichment centrifuges?
Robatoy wrote:

More likely for mortar tubes that can be smuggled aboard airliners without attracting TSA attention...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I'd want to have some idea what the wood tube is being used for. If no explanation is forthcoming, it might be for smuggling . . .
It would explain the requirement for boring it without splitting. Presumably the end will be plugged with a plug cut from a slice taken off before boring commenced to match the rings. For it to be worthwile, the payload must be high value so probably drugs or worse. If you think I'm being paranoid, read http://ec.europa.eu/anti_fraud/budget/2003-2004/finland.pdf (cigarette smuggling in Finland using hollow spuce logs)

Customer is in Hawaii... Could be smuggling, but I'm guessing that anything they would want to smuggle out of Hawaii could be sold in Hawaii direct.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I vote for organ pipes, but the walls seem awful thick...
Spott

As in artery replacement? <grin>
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

A bass didgeridoo ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC9w4KWEgJE

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:27:01 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

It is difficult for me to accept the premise that this much effort would go into a mast for a Sunfish, which is about as big a craft that could be serviced by a 12' max mast.
Regards, Tom.
Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 / tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Please do not write to me to tell me that it could be for a larger class of boat.
Accept the hyperbole for what it is.
Regards, Tom.
Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 / tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

I think it's for a windsurfer then... How's that?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.