Large, Long Holes in Wood...

I'd want to have some idea what the wood tube is being used for. If no explanation is forthcoming, it might be for smuggling . . .

It would explain the requirement for boring it without splitting. Presumably the end will be plugged with a plug cut from a slice taken off before boring commenced to match the rings. For it to be worthwile, the payload must be high value so probably drugs or worse. If you think I'm being paranoid, read

smuggling in Finland using hollow spuce logs)

Reply to
Ian Malcolm

It is difficult for me to accept the premise that this much effort would go into a mast for a Sunfish, which is about as big a craft that could be serviced by a 12' max mast.

Regards, Tom.

Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker

Tom Watson

Please do not write to me to tell me that it could be for a larger class of boat.

Accept the hyperbole for what it is.

Regards, Tom.

Thos. J. Watson - Cabinetmaker

Tom Watson

Tubes for uranium enrichment centrifuges?

Reply to
Robatoy

More likely for mortar tubes that can be smuggled aboard airliners without attracting TSA attention...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Customer is in Hawaii... Could be smuggling, but I'm guessing that anything they would want to smuggle out of Hawaii could be sold in Hawaii direct.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I think it's for a windsurfer then... How's that?

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I vote for organ pipes, but the walls seem awful thick...

Spott

Reply to
Spott

As in artery replacement?