Large Brush Grommet

Putting in a new counter top, on a built in desk. Walls on back and sides. Old top had a large hole to run wires down to the computer, power, etc. I would like to leave the top approx. 1 ½ inches away from back wall to easily drop wires down. I?m looking for some suggestions on a material to fill that gap? Something like foam or rubber that could easily be slit, and a wire could be fed thru it. The best material for this space is a very course thick bristles like are used in tooth brushes. The bristles should stop something from falling through the crack but be flexible enough to force a wire through by hand.

Any suggestions on where to buy 8 feet of this bristle? Here's an example ( not that I want to buy 8 on em:

TP

There is a brush type floor sweep weather stripping that is used to seal the bottom of doors. The link below is to a .PDF catalog (upper right hand area) by the K. N. Crowder company who is one of the manufactures of this type of product. Look at items W-24S, W-33S and W-24S on page 19 of the .PDF file.

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Take a look at the brushes for passage doors.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I think having a 1 1/2" - 2" gap running along the back would be much more attractive then that brush stuff. You could put a small piece of edging that is proud of the top by 1/4" to keep pencils, etc. from rolling off.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com