Lapacho kitchen wood floor finish

I'm planning to put Lapacho (Patagonian Walnut) hardwood floor in all of my new apartment (except from bathroom). It will be industrial parquet (14x20x240mm) made by Italian manufacturer Stile (www.stile.com).
I saw a sample in the hardwood floor shop finished with oil & wax, and i like it a lot more that samples finished with some kind of surface finish. I like the feel of the wood and wood-like appearance that oil finish gives. So I decided to put some kind of oil finish over it.
I'm concerned if penetrating oil finish is going to give me enough protection, especielly in the kitchen area. What kind of maintance can I expect. Will it water spot? Which product should I choose? I concluded that Waterlox should be the best since it is tung oil based. Am I right? Are there any other quality tung oil based finishes (I've heard of Daly's)? Should I put a wax over penetrating oil? Will it require more maintance that oil only?
And there is availability problem... Here in Croatia I can get Timberex (Watco under new label - www.timberex.com) and Loba oil finishes (www.loba.de). Does anyone have any experience with those?
Anyway, You've got the picture. Any advice is welcome... Thaks in advance
Drazen Navratil
Drazen Navratil wrote:

Be aware that Lapacho is a very, very hard, very, very dense, very, very decay resistant tropical hardwood similar in properties to Lignum Vitae and related to walnut only in having a superficial similarity of appearance. It's superb wood in its own right and I don't really understand why the flooring industry insists on calling it walnut--personally I'd pay a premium over walnut to get Lapacho flooring--Lapacho is _much_ more durable.

Get some samples and try the finishes you're looking at to see which looks best for you. Lapacho doesn't really need protection indoors--you'd be finishing it primarily for appearance so go with what gives you the appearance you want.

--
--John