Lap joint on end of 2x4?

Page 6 of 6
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:35:39 -0500, the infamous Mike Paulsen

Amazing. I'd never heard of them before, let alone seen them. In doing more research on it, I found out that AZQA is used on Doug Fir. I hadn't thought that species was PTed.
-- Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Typically what would be done on site by an experienced framing crew would be a circular saw to make multiple, close together shoulder cuts at the proper depth, and a chisel to finish chopping the residue of these cuts out.
If you have a BS, you could use that too as well. I've done it on a TS, RAS and (as another mentioned) with a skill saw.
If you are removing 3/4" x 3.5" x 3.5" of wood, the router approach would be better to clean up the lap after one of the aother approaches was used to HOG OUT the majority of the lap.
On 4/27/2010 2:07 PM, Hoosierpopi wrote:

Yup. That is the current plan. I'm leaving a temporary 1" island on the end of the board to support the router.
I think it will work just fine.
--Winston <-- The noob thanks you.
--

Harley was venal, arrogant, despicable and a psychologist.
He was the second most redundant man I ever talked to.