Lap Desk

I posted these pics over in A.B.P.W., but I since I wound up hosting them on the web anyway I figured I'd post them here as well.
I made this lap desk as a gift for my wife:
http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct/Pictures/Lap_Desk_1.jpg
http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct/Pictures/Lap_Desk_2.jpg
It is made of maple. The finish is a dye stain and multiple coats of shellac rubbed out to a satin finish. I even managed to figure out how to sew up the fabric pad on the bottom, which is filled with micro- beads to allow the bottom pad to conform to your lap. The interior is lined with felt.
She is quite pleased with it.
-Mark
Mark Blum has brought this to us :

Nicely done, Mark.