Landing net

Hi all,
Bro in law has asked me to make him a small wooden landing net for when he is fly fishing stood midstream. Has anyone made one of these?
construction looks fairly simple with a bent frame round a shaped handle. Not sure how ya might attach the net to the inside of the frame..........any ideas?
Thanks,
Aidan
If you are good at bending ash or white oak, you should be able to make the loop and attach one end back to the handle with a couple of screws. Nice would be to make a scarf joint in the loop and tie the net on with rawhide. Wilson

I made one years ago from an article in ShopNotes. 90% of the work was making the mould from MDF with holes (for clamps) and wedges. The mould was finished with Watco oil then waxed (to prevent glue from sticking to it). I used thin strips of walnut and ash which makes a very nice contrast. After steaming, bending, and drying the strips, they were glued with waterproof glue and returned to the mould for a day. Incrediably strong and lightweight loop. The loop was cut, rounded, sanded, and grooved. I purchased the netting from WalMart and used concrete cording to hold the net to the frame. Fun project.
Wood magazine, issue #133, June 2001 has plans for a beautiful landing net.