Laminate repair

I chipped the edge strip on my coutertop and now need to replace it. I have enough left over from the original install to cut a new piece. Originally, the edge was glued on first, followed by the top so I'm wondering if the new edge strip will show a gap after gluing.

Reply to
Martik

You can use a heat gun to try and loosen the old glue and pull the strip off. Otherwise, you have to use a nasty solvent. You can then true an edge on your replacement strip with a tablesaw if it is long or a router and an edge guide if it manageable. I then spread the glue, let it dry and use brown craft paper or wax paper over the edge on the top. Lay the new piece on the paper and with your 4th and 5th hand pull out the paper. Presto!!! max

Reply to
max