Laminate Floors

Hi, My husband and I plan to put laminate floors in our house. I made some research and I had decided to go with WilsonArt Classic. However, when I went to a store to order it, the salesman told me they've had numerous problems with WilSonArt's warranty, so they no longer carry it. My questions are: 1. Has anyone had any problems with WilsonArt - warranty and others. 2. What other brand would you recommend. Thanks for your help, Milena

IMO, WilsonArt is one of the best. I've had some installed for close to 10 y ears now and never had a problem. Get some specifics from the dealer before turning the brand away. His opinion of "problems' may be that they will not fix customer screwups.

They have, in my business, fixed obvious customer screw-ups.
May want to try alt.home.repair

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Usually if there is a problem with a product a search of the web and the news groups will indicate such. By my searches it does not appear that there is a problem. If the particular dealer had a warranty problem it may be an isolated case. Perhaps his installers were not following the manufacture's instructions (or more likely, his profit margins are higher on a competitor's brand).
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If there is ONE company which steps up to the plate to cover warranty, it is Wilsonart. Beyond the call of duty. I have seen them in action. I agree with David..salesman BULLcookies, shop elsewhere.
I am not saying this because I carry their products (Gibraltar, Earthstone and laminates), I carry their products because of their warranty policy.
Rob
www.topworks.ca
Goin' with the crowd on this one. When I remodel a kitchen, entry or any other part of the house where they want laminate floors, my floor guy ONLY uses Wilsonart on my jobs.
Never even had any reason (knock on laminate) to have a warranty call from the factory guys.
Robert

That is the reason commonly used by most vendors that want to change brands that they sell. Telling the customer that they simply want to increase profit margins usually does not sway the customer to still buy from him when they learn that he no longer caries the brand that they want. Hearing that there are warranty problems raises doubt with the customer as you have witnessed first hand. Interesting that he did not mention that they had problems with the product.
Thanks a lot everyone :)