Laminate Floor 12" Blade Question?

Greetings, I'm putting in a laminate floor (Pergo Type). One plank measures

8.0" in width. I'll be using a portable parting saw which takes a 12" blade.What type blade would be best for cutting the laminate planks? I've noticed carbide, diamond, and standard tooth saw blades. Also tooth per inch would be helpful. thanks,

-tom

Reply to
Tom Nakashima

Don't use an expensive saw blade! my son used my best blade to cut his laminate floor on my table saw and ruined it! I had to get it sharpened! use the cheapest carbide blade with roughly 4 teeth per inch for a nice clean cross cut. Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Thanks for the advice Eddie,

-tom

Reply to
Tom Nakashima

Carbide is a must. Any modest priced cross cutting blade will do. After the job is done, it will have to be sharpened. Laminate is very tough on blades. Do not waste your money on a steel blade as it will be junk after just a few cuts.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Get the cheapest blade with carbide tips you can find. If you have a lot of flooring get 2. It's hell on blades. Plan to toss it when you're done. It won't cut wood - from experience. I ruined a very nice blade like this when I put my floor in.

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in news:ev12te$f54$1 @news.Stanford.EDU:

Reply to
lucky4fingers

Why toss it? My DeWalt blade that came with my miter saw was used for a laminate job. After the job was done, it barely cut a 2" wide pine board. I sent it to Ridge Carbide and had it sharpened for about $15 and it cuts better than when it was new. A mid-priced blade will do the job and can be made to work well again.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ridge Carbides website is down for rebuilding ya have some info on how to get ahold of m just got done doing laminent in my bathroom and screwed up T.S. Blade and Miter Box blade. too quick old to late smart ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

They give a link to the old site

Edwin Pawlowski