laminate

Someone mentioned the price of laminate being $40.00 range per sheet. I manage a custom cabinet shop for the medical biz. Our problem is that we have too much laminate accumulating. Probably 200-300 sheets over the last 2 years. It is taking up space and chances ae that a doctor is not going to want the same laminate as the last doctor, but we must buy spare sheets in case we have to re-do a door / drawer front, shipping damage, etc. Usually we do not end up needing it, and just put it on the pile. Same with partial sheets of corian. I say this because, as a hobbyist, there is an opportunity to get free or almost free laminate / corian / other cabinet stuff from high-volume custom cabinet shops if you make come contacts. You may not get the lainate you have in mind, but if you just like making stuff, as I do, hey... the price is right.

Reply to
Mark Dietrich

I'm sure that some of the participants here have already discovered this, but your local cabinet shop is a great source for material.

Cutoffs, leftover laminate, "ugly" oak (unpaintable, but makes great shop 'furniture'), sometimes highly figured lumber (that doesn't match a bigger job), just goes into the dumpster.

All you have to do is ask. What's the worst thing that could happen--that they say no?

Reply to
jpathogan