Laguna Tools Video

I ordered the promotional video from Laguna Tools website. Its free. The audio in the tape is awful. They used some kind of cheap mic but it is intelligible. This video is supposed to promote their tools and it does. But it also is a great seminar on various options and design features for Bandsaws and tablesaws, in general. It made me really appreciate a properly designed European Riving knife. How can American manufacturers be so stupid to build the contraptions they do? If I had the money, I'd sure want one of their table saws. They are awesome.
The president of the company is from Denmark. In his thick European accent, he does a little bit on general safety. I loved the part where he says "...and if you are a hippy, your long hair can be a safety hazard. Be sure to pin it back."
Bob
I have one of their table saws, it does what it is supposed to, but the dust collection feature needs some help. I have some modifications planned that should take care of this issue. I have used some of the other major brand table saws in the past and chose to buy Laguna's saw over the others, this should speak for itself. I also have one of their bandsaws and am satisfied with it as well. American manufacturers build what they build, you can buy it or not.........you have the power of choice in this matter. Speak out with your wallet, speak out loud. But in all fairness you should let the american manufacturers know why you made the choice you made, otherwise they will never understand what you and those like you are looking for. Personally, if I were to buy a new saw I would look very closely at the saws put out by SawStop. I do like how my fingers are attached, and other TS mfgs. don't seem to care that they stay that way. This my personal opinion, but personally, it is the only one that matters to me anyway ;-) Hal