Laguna Tools for Canadians?

Any Canadians out there order a Laguna tool. Worth it or not?
I'm looking to make a bandsaw puchase in the next few months the options are:
Purchase Locally:
Jet 14" (JWBS-14CS 14") $879 General International 90-240 ~$1500 Any other General Model. Various Rigid, Delta, Canwood... From the big stores $499 up...
Or order in: Laguna LT14SE (with Stand) $1522 + Shipping
Grizzly is NOT an option, at this time I don't think they have a reliable shipping method to Canada.
General is my preference, as it seems to dominate the woodworking market up here. The rest of the shop is General (with the exception of the Dewalt planer).
No personal experience.
In a class I just took in Canada in July 05, there were two participants who had purchased Laguna's. They both loved the machines, BUT they both had troubles with getting them going.
The first gentleman's problems were minor and related to a broken bracket, but it still took the distributor a couple of weeks to get it to him.
The second fellow had 2 bad motors, and some other alignment issues. He figured the alignment from bad shipping, and the 2 bad motors from horrific quality control. He could see one, buy why the second one was not tested before being shipped was beyond him. He felt if he could return the saw it he would have, as dealing with the distributor in Canada was a great frustration for him.
Both felt if you could buy it from a local dealer, apparantly not an option, it would be worth a few hundred more $ for the service.
Alan
I am interested in hearing any comments from Canadians on support for or resolving problems with your Laguna bandsaws.
- Daniel
Buster . . . I owned a Laguna 16" bandsaw a number of years ago and sold it to get the Canadian made General . . . best move I ever made. The General saw is much better made than the Laguna. General now makes a 15" saw with approximately 12" of resaw capacity. I get it in a heartbeat.
Rick
Buster wrote:

Laguna?? pfffffft.. another one of those brands which offer too little for too much money.
You're in Canada, bro'! Get a General!
Contrary to my experience. Laguna has been great. I have a friend who has a General -- also a good machine but I prefer my Laguna. Prospective buyers should get the Laguna video -- it's free.

Check out the Minimax as well... I did the homework, Minimax won hands down. Tom
Maybe Laguna doesn't send their videos/DVDs to Canada. I requested twice over the past few months, and have not received a thing yet.
- Daniel
Yeah, my Garage is full of those Green Machines. Thought I'd spice it up a bit. Bad idea.

DayGlo paint would fix that.