lady made a nice woodshop

nice live space above

have never seen a carabiner wear down that much

Reply to
Electric Comet

She did build a really nice place!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Little odd. Timber frame construction. Using electric tools (pictures sho w tools) and some hand tools. Sticky roof underlayment (Shark Skin). Meta l roof. Dug the footings by hand. Quite a mental mix up in this job. Tim ber frame with pegs. Old time traditional. Digging by hand. Old time. P ower tools. Modern. Roof underlayment. Advanced modern big time. Millio n dollar homes probably don't use it. Metal roof. Barns have had metal ro ofs for decades now. I would have thought if you were going to build a tim ber frame barn and dig the footings by hand and build a little railroad to transport the materials to the site. You would have not used electric tool s and not used sticky roof underlayment and not used metal roofing. Either all old time traditional or all modern. Not mixing them.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Why not?

You have the style of old time but the durability of modern. They still build new houses and call th em "colonial style" but are very modern inside.

If I was building today and wanted the older style, I'd still want the longest lasting roof material I could find. I'd even put a flush toilet in it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

site access most likely limited

it has electric lights too and maybe other electric apparatus like a table saw or drill press

time constraints are always a factor now so doing modern things makes sense and will last longer

digging by hand could be due to site access and for other reasons as well but most likely site access issues

she ends up with a nice shop with storage and a live space and how she got there is minor

she probably was not concerned that it was authentic museum project in japan they rebuild their ancient shrines every 20 years but she probably did not want to have to do that so select modern materials

Reply to
Electric Comet

actually the toilet and sewage is maybe a problem at that site

this would probably do

might need a gray water system too

Reply to
Electric Comet

Olde tyme looks, 21st century technology beneath the surface!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

i looked and did not see the final pictures but i imagine it has been completed and is in use by now

Reply to
Electric Comet

She's got mad skilz :)

bnwelch

Agree ... she has more than her share of that single quality for which I have the utmost respect: self reliance.

Did my share of 'make things happen', with little help, when I was younger ... just looking at her photos makes me yearn for those days, and want to go back and do it all over again, only more.

She has my utmost respect ... one helluva female.

Reply to
Swingman