lady made a nice woodshop

http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/woodwork/timber-framed-woodshop/
nice live space above
have never seen a carabiner wear down that much

She did build a really nice place!
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 11:59:44 -0500

i looked and did not see the final pictures but i imagine it has been completed and is in use by now
On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 1:35:30 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

She's got mad skilz :) http://www.lenasherbakov.com/craft/woodwork/boat-in-progress/
On 3/13/2016 11:59 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Agree ... she has more than her share of that single quality for which I have the utmost respect: self reliance.
Did my share of 'make things happen', with little help, when I was younger ... just looking at her photos makes me yearn for those days, and want to go back and do it all over again, only more.
She has my utmost respect ... one helluva female.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 2:39:06 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:

Little odd. Timber frame construction. Using electric tools (pictures sho w tools) and some hand tools. Sticky roof underlayment (Shark Skin). Meta l roof. Dug the footings by hand. Quite a mental mix up in this job. Tim ber frame with pegs. Old time traditional. Digging by hand. Old time. P ower tools. Modern. Roof underlayment. Advanced modern big time. Millio n dollar homes probably don't use it. Metal roof. Barns have had metal ro ofs for decades now. I would have thought if you were going to build a tim ber frame barn and dig the footings by hand and build a little railroad to transport the materials to the site. You would have not used electric tool s and not used sticky roof underlayment and not used metal roofing. Either all old time traditional or all modern. Not mixing them.

Why not?
You have the style of old time but the durability of modern. They still build new houses and call th em "colonial style" but are very modern inside.
If I was building today and wanted the older style, I'd still want the longest lasting roof material I could find. I'd even put a flush toilet in it.
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:45:30 -0400

actually the toilet and sewage is maybe a problem at that site
this would probably do http://ecojohn.com/ecojohn_sr.html
might need a gray water system too
On 3/14/2016 10:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

+1
Olde tyme looks, 21st century technology beneath the surface!
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 08:00:30 -0700 (PDT)

site access most likely limited
it has electric lights too and maybe other electric apparatus like a table saw or drill press
time constraints are always a factor now so doing modern things makes sense and will last longer
digging by hand could be due to site access and for other reasons as well but most likely site access issues
she ends up with a nice shop with storage and a live space and how she got there is minor
she probably was not concerned that it was authentic museum project in japan they rebuild their ancient shrines every 20 years but she probably did not want to have to do that so select modern materials