Lacquered rosewood cocktail table-care of

1930's art deco has only been polished with lemon oil for past 3 years-what else should I be doing or not doing-has a mirror like finish but you can see small scratches-that I don't think are in the wood but in the polish--any suggestions
Thanks
Al in NYC

Johnsons paste wax. Dave

Dave is correct with the Johnson's suggestion, but that will only fill the scratches with wax. Often times that's good enough. As they begin to appear again, rewax. If it really is a lacquer finish then you can buff it with a fine finishing polish and actually remove the scratches. The down side of this is that if it's in use daily, you will likely end up with new scratches, and of course there is a limit to how much you can buff a finish. If it's strictly a show piece, buffing might be the preferred way to go, but if it sees any use at all, or is subject to getting scratched again then you probably should just go with the wax.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net