Lacquer vs paint questions

I posted this earlier today, but either my news server never picked it up, or it didn't make it. If it's a duplicate, please reply to this thread as I can't see the other one.

What are the advantages to finishing a piece with lacquer vs latex paint? I have some latex that is close to oil in appearance. I've been using it to paint trim in my new house.

However, my cabinet maker color matched some lacquer to the trim color, and painted some built in bookcases with it. The look is outstanding, and I'm considering using lacquer myself to finish some bookcases and a window seat.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using lacquer rather than paint? I'll be applying either with an HVLP sprayer.

Thanks,

--Michael

Reply to
ukalumni

JGS

Interesting information about the bounce back. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

--Michael

Reply to
ukalumni