Lacewood Finishing Ideas?

Anyone have experience finishing Lacewood? What looks good?
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 14, 6:45 pm, brian_j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have never tried to stain lacewood, so I dont know about that. But have used shellac and danish oil both. I like the beauty of the wood to show through. Lacewood took both finishes well and looked extremely good.
Randy http://nokeswoodworks.com
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:45:02 -0700, brian_j_roth wrote:

http://woodworkerszone.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lacewood_Finishing http://www.aawforum.org/vbforum/showthread.php?t '80 http://www.tahoeturner.com/gallery/79.html http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t 800
I prefer glossy for highly figured woods.
I like airbrush sprayed blond de-waxed shellac with a sprayed poly top- coat. 3 or 4 coats of shellac and 3-12 coats of poly. These are very light airbrush coats, lighter than you can get by hand brushing or wipe on.
shellac techniques; http://www.woodworking.org/WC/GArchive03/1_30delashellac.html
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:45:02 -0700 (PDT), brian_j snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Only done bowls, but they look very nice when wet sanded with natural Danish oil and buffed..
mac
Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
✖