Lacewood Finishing Ideas?

Anyone have experience finishing Lacewood? What looks good?

Reply to
brian_j_roth

I have never tried to stain lacewood, so I dont know about that. But have used shellac and danish oil both. I like the beauty of the wood to show through. Lacewood took both finishes well and looked extremely good.

Randy

randyswoodshoop

?t=2780
prefer glossy for highly figured woods.

I like airbrush sprayed blond de-waxed shellac with a sprayed poly top- coat. 3 or 4 coats of shellac and 3-12 coats of poly. These are very light airbrush coats, lighter than you can get by hand brushing or wipe on.

shellac techniques;

Joe

Only done bowls, but they look very nice when wet sanded with natural Danish oil and buffed..

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis