Labeling Shop Cabinets?

I'd forego the tape. By the time he wants to reorganize it will be time to paint again anyway.

That's assuming he is like me and opens cabinets when fingers are icky with glue/paint/epoxy/etc :)

Reply to
dadiOH

I have a color laser also, but regular black text on white labels seems to be the most readable.

As for the magnetic business cards, they have an adhesive on one side. I can use that to stick the magnet to anything non-metallic, then my magnetic label sticks to that magnet. I use this method on parts boxes that get tossed in the back of the car, slid and bumped around, etc. I have never had one of the magnetic labels fall off or shift, and yet I can easily take it off if needed.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Not tat tis is a great solution for you, but one I tried and liked for boxes that hold individual tools.

I build the box, place the tool inside, ten take a picture of it all nice and nestled where I want it. Then, I print the picture out and glue it to the outside of the box - coat with sealer. Never have to guess what's in it then!

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

That would take me, oh, about two months to do. :/ Building the boxes...another four.

RicodJour

If the label gets too aggressive, slap another label atop it.

Reply to
HeyBub

Most of the fun of finding a tool is pulling out each drawer to see what's inside. One of the mysteries of life is looking for a tool unsuccessfully one time, then when looking for another tool another time, finding the one you couldn't find the last time.

Reply to
willshak

There's an alternate universe into which such things disappear and from which they reappear. It's a vagary of quantum fluctuation which physicists have never been able to characterize.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local:

They're also working on invisibility, but haven't quite got it focused right. That's why you don't see a tool you're looking right at.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Cats can sense this--that's why you see them staring at blank walls with their ears moving back and forth.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Puckdropper wrote in news:4e7581a8$0$3925 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

An ever increasing source of amusement between spouses. DAMHIKT.

Reply to
Han

This place looks promising:

Jack Stein

After that, I didn't have the heart to search for magnetic tags.

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah. So that's why I found socks in the chisel drawer.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Superglue a sample of the contents to the front. The "label" will be permanent until you need to change it. A smack with a light hammer will undo the bond.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Larry Jaques has brought this to us :

While I accept I am ouside their target market(Australia). Any business that requires a LogIn for just a look see is not really wanting any customers.

Reply to
John G

I didn't look at prices, but he was looking for magnetic write on tags, not a giant calendar. Now you made me spend 10 seconds and go back and look, and Magnetic write on tags he would be interested in are around 50 cents each.

You could buy 1600 of them for $800.

Reply to
Jack

Jack wrote:

I didn't log on and I got a "look see" and a price of around 50 cents a label. I didn't realize they were in Australia however, but then I don't have a clue where the guy asking lives either. They could be neighbors:-)

Reply to
Jack

Your GoogleFu is strong on that site. I couldn't find those at all. The sticker shock couldn't have helped, though.

-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've found the Dymo labels also come off over time. At least they do on those small plastic drawers for small parts.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Are you thinking of the two-color plastic "Dymo" embossed labels or printed labels? I've never had the printed labels come off unintentionally. The older embossed labels have quite a curl to them and can release over time.

Reply to
krw