Kudos to Sawstop!

blade. And, yes if I recall it is a combo blade which would be the main reason I would never use it for real work. Right tool for the job is my motto. Never had a combo piece of wood.

I don't agree. My Forrest WWII will cut better than my rip blade, just not as fast, but not too slow either.
My FWWII will cut better than the Freud 80tooth that I used in my CMS, but before I did I tried it on the TS. But the difference is small.. real small.
That 80tooth should have cross cut bettter than my 40tooth fwwii, but the forrest was better. So if I had a forrest rip and a forrest Crosscut, maybe the combo would lose, but the fwwii combo is pretty damn good.
Obviously I am biased and this is subjective. So take it for what its worth.
--
Jeff

I'll agree too with the WWII. I am not going to doubt that some prefer a rip blade over a general or combo blade.. No doubt they have their reasons with proof to back up their reasons. For me the WWII is the blade for all cuts, and I have proof to back up my reasons. I totally believe it boils down to what you prefer to use. No doubt there are better blades for each specific type of cut vs using the WWII but with the results I am getting you will need a magnifying glass to see a difference.

IIRC, the Forrest WoodworkerII is a combo blade and it's supposed to the THE $h!t.
--

-MIKE-

On 3/22/2013 12:17 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

It is a "general" blade. ;~)
On 3/20/2013 9:29 PM, scritch wrote:

We're glad YOU bought it also.
--
Steve Barker
On 4/14/2013 7:25 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

I bought one too but went with the industrial version.