Kudos to Incra

A couple of weeks ago I bought a V120 miter gauge from the local Rockler store. I noticed the other day that the first tooth on the protractor was broken. This is the tooth that maintains the 90 degree angle. Rather than drive the 35 miles to Rockler, I called Incra and they are sending me a replacement protractor. That's what I call good customer service.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

I have you both beat. :-)

We ordered a set of shower doors for our bathroom remodel. These are the twin glass doors hung on the aluminum track that sit on the edge of a tub. I always get nervous when things this big and this fragile are freighted straight to the home.

Everything was fine except for a plastic U-channel that edged the tops and bottoms of the glass doors... it was shattered about 3 inches on one end. The wife calls the company and the French speaking employee (Canuck Co.) tries his best to decipher our description. About a week later a package arrives containing the entire aluminum frame assembly. No plastic U-channel.

Wife calls back and speaks to a native English speaking employee. He knows right away what we're talking about but says the channel comes installed on the glass panel from the glass manufacturer and they'll have to send another glass door. I'm not making this up.

The employee said to just keep everything we have, because sending it back would cost too much. So, now we'll be one glass panel short of an entire new twin show door assembly. That plastic U-channel can't cost the glass maker more than a buck.

BTW, I'm enjoying my new V120 miter gauge as well. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Back to Incra:

I know what you mean. I bought a 1000 miter guage on E-Bay and saw that the protractor was off somehow. If you got it set dead on 90 degrees the 22 1/2 setting was off. I called Incra, told them I had bought it on E-bay and was expecting to hear, "Sorry, we only warrant original users." The best I hoped for was, "What you need is a new protractor, they are $xx.xx" Instead, what I heard was, "Well, you have your choice of any miter guage we make, except the 3000, and I would highly recommend the 1000SE." I took his advice and now have a warped 1000 and a dead on 1000SE.

That folks is customer service.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

Unless there is a German in the woodpile, there is something about speaking French that addles the brain when it comes to practical sense ...

Reply to
Swingman