Kudos to Hood Finishing & Hydrocote

Had to choose a finish for some Maple Ply casework and decided on Hood Finishing Supply here in NJ and picked up a gallon of Hydrocote SuperLac in Satin finish. This stuff works great for me for many reasons. (1) Easy Clean up (2) Sprays wonderfully (3) dries quickly (4) Great finish. I was initially worried about grain raising but in most cases I likely could get away with only 1 coat and I never did the moistened sanding technique that so many waterborne users and mfgs recommend. The settings on the compressor and gun took some time to get just right but once it's done the finished product looks and feels great. There is also no lingering smells remaining. Now have some FFs and doors that will be stained with Hydrocote Golden Oak then clearcoated with the same superlac used on the casework.

and doors that will be stained with Hydrocote Golden Oak then clearcoated with the same superlac used on the casework.
You might try diluting your golden oak (the pigmented stain) with about 25% finish and spraying on. I've used Hydrocote products for over 15 years and find this mix of stain and finish easy to use and gives great results.
--
Rumpty

Do you know what the shelf life of Hydrocote products is. I'm thinking of trying Resisthane, seems a lot of people really like it for spraying

of trying Resisthane, seems a lot of people really like it for spraying
I have no idea. Call their help line 800-229-0934.
--
Rumpty