Krenov - On Amateurism and Other Things

Page 2 of 2

One of the characteristic of the elderly is the lack concern for what others may think of what they say or do. There is no need to impress anybody for some future personal benefit. Mr. Krenov does not seem to be a self promoter - something Mr. Maloof is very good at. Given his childhood, he became a pretty independent self confident person very early in lifeand somewhat of a loner.
Several folks who know him describe him as a curmudgeon - quickly adding - "and a very very good craftsman."
So imagine being interviewed by someone who obviously hasn't read any of your books, and is asking questions you've answered dozens of times already. And unlike "celebrities", "publicity" doesn't mean a thing to you. At a certain age, one's tolerance for inaneness drops off significantly - and some of the questions asked by the interviewer were pretty dumb.
In addition to his integrating the wood, and a design that use it well, I particularly like his "do a few things extremely well, rather than a lot of things adequately" Haven't been able to actually implement the approach - I try too many things - but I'm working on it.
If you like his approach to things you might want to go here, download the image, print it and stick it on the shop wall for inspiration..
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/KrenovPondering.html
charlie b
Lol,
Yes, done, and done. Thanks!