kreg screws

been looking for the 1 1/4" fine thread and coarse thread screws used in pocket hole joinery, I can buy 100 count at the local Lowe's but am looking more for like 1000 count. I checked with McFeely, but they don't seem to carry 1 1/4", just 1". McFeely would be great as they seem to be a bit cheaper than the Kreg screws.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

looking
http://www.wkonline.com/a/Kreg_SPSF125__114_6_Fine_Screw_1000Pack_B00002240M.htm
thanks
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"TexasFireGuy" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
You might want to check with McFeely again. I have ordered both the fine and coarse pocket screws in the 1 1/4" lenght. The screws are excellent.
Neal

will the driver bit that comes with the kit work with the screws from there or do you need their driver bits? I'll probably buy a couple of their bits as well, never hurts to have more than one.
Thanks for the quick response
KY
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Neal" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
McFeeleys carries standard square drive screws. Most likely you are looking for a #2 bit for pocket hole screws. Be sure to get the long bit for driving pocket hole screws.
I buy 80% of all my screws from McFeeleys... I buy all my pocket hole screws from Kreg. I prefer the Kreg screw over the McFeeleys pocket hole screw. The last time I bought, the Kreg screws were cheaper in quantities of 1000 over McFeeleys. That may no longer be the case.

in

Me too. I got some McFeely's once, but sent them back. I buy the 1000-box of Kregs now.
However - the McFeely "PocketMax" screw is great - it's a #10 barrel head designed for two-by construction (2x4, 2x6, etc). I used those extensively when I built my shed instead of toenailing and in a few cases where I wanted to make sure the wood was pulled together.
ok where do you order them from? the kregs that is.
thanks
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Leon" < snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net> wrote in message

I got mine at the local wood stuff store.
Lowe's is the only place in my area, they only carry 100 count.
thanks
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"DJ Delorie" < snipped-for-privacy@delorie.com> wrote in message
Oh, you could always try www.kregtool.com if you're OK with mail ordering them.
Found that Amazon has them, probably buy them there. I really appreciate the input.
thanks
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"DJ Delorie" < snipped-for-privacy@delorie.com> wrote in message
KYHighlander wrote:

FWIW the Kreg screws are threaded for about 1/2 of their length - which is what the Kreg jig is designed for. I bought McFeely's square drive washer heads and all sizes were threaded for about 1/3 of their length. My rather crude joint tests (with coarse thread only) indicated that the 17% difference in threaded length does make a difference in joint strength.
This is something that you might want to check out for yourself - and may not apply at all if you're not using them for pocket joinery. I use screws from both sources; but only Kreg's for pocket screw joints.
In general, and as far as I can tell, both outfits sell decent products.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA