Kreg's New Universal Head Screws.

No, not at all ... just use the Spax where you need the shear strength, attaching the cabinets to the wall (through cabinet back, hanger strip, drywall, and into the cabinet blocking.
I would not use them for attaching face frames together. For that we use a high quality square drive, pre-drill and countersink before driving.
> Do you pre-drill any of the holes when using Spax > on cabinets?
Although you don't have too, I do prefer to pre-drill.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net