Kreg pocket screw jig

Page 3 of 3

wrote in message

Absolutely, I have never used a rail or mating piece during the drilling. In fact, how would you do that as the full sized jig does not allow any piece except the one you are drilling.

Korection, Never used a stile or mating piece when drilling a rail.

that the screw enters the work at the middle of the thickness. You use a different screw length for each thickness of stock. Jim

I'm putting together a face frame that has 3/4" thk. stock but has flutes on the front face that are 1/8" deep making the effective thickness 5/8". Last night I took some sample pieces and put them together using the 1-1/4" screws with the step drill collar set at the normal position for that screw and stock thickness. I then removed the screws and cut the board across the screw hole to see where it actually ended up relative to the front face. Bottom line is it has plenty of stock left, at least 1/8"
You can control the position by adjusting the stop collar at the expense of penetration depth.
Frank