Kreg pocket holes not drilling cleanly

Page 4 of 4
On 8/26/12 6:06 PM, Markem wrote:

You guys made great stuff... great quality, tough, dependable, easy to repair/modify. Shure was always at the top of the list for new gear acquisitions. Shure and Sony never let down.
--

-MIKE-

It's maple, actually. But I had similar results in pine.
It appears that this is happening on the holes that go against the grain. This would indicate either a loose fit of the bit to the guide hole, a dull bit, or the wrong type of bit. Every tool has limitations. It seems that the holes that are drilled with the grain are very clean. ???? Just my two cents.

That's the same in any boring situation. The direction of the grain will cause that with any other drilling. Sometimes, even with a new Kreg bit and new jig, you can get that. Different woods react differently.
--

-MIKE-