Kreg Pocket Hole Jig

Hello Any opinions pro or con on this pocket hole system. Thanks. ron

Pro
I love it! If you have never used one, consider buying the bare bones $19.95 kit for starters. For my small time woodworking for family and friends, it works just fine.

Ronald Murray wrote:

manual system and requires some adjustment. The manual clearly explains the setup for differing dimensions of stock, though, so I didn't have any problems with it. I've used it numerous times and it has worked great each time. The joints pull together nicely and the screws provided didn't cause any splitting or tearout. Give it a try, you won't be sorry. Mark
Better than the competition....

Bought the Pro set up, love it! Greg
I built some tables using the pocket hole system. I like it because if I have to ever take the tables apart, I can do so. Not sure how many times though, but at least it is an option. Also, keep items to be joined clamped in place whenever possible. It helps keep the parts aligned when installing the screws.
Stephen R.

Here's a review: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/kregk2000.htm
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 50 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Spaceage Ceramic Bandsaw Guides - Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set - GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw - Triton Powered Respirator - Veritas Power Tool Guide - Ryobi 6" Grinder/Stand Combo ------------------------------------------------------------
Bought the Pro system almost a year ago, haven't used my plate joiner since. One accessory I would recommend is the right angle clamp. I picked up a couple of them on EBay at less than half price.
When attaching large panels at right angles it can be difficult getting the two perfectly aligned. If you end up slightly off and try to re-attach the screws will follow the same holes. On trick that I use for large panels is to drill double holes at each end; then if I end up slightly off I have another shot.