Kreg Bench Clamp/Plate

Have had this useful clamp for a good long while, but have always used it attached to a pair of wooden "i-beams", which put it at a convenient height and made it easy to jockey around to get a better position for drilling pockethole screws in large face frames, in a "bring the mountain to Mohammed" fashion.

Between projects in the shop, I finally got around to routing out a recess for it in 3/4" plywood this afternoon, as it was intended to be used.

Wish I'd done it sooner. I made another "pockethole t-square" (useful for holding face frame parts square with one hand while you get the clamp position set to your satisfaction) just to check out its operation in its new location.

If you haven't seen one, or wondering 'what the hell?':

useful as a "hold down" for a multitude of tasks on the benchtop ... looks like I'll have to buy another one to put back on the i-beams, where it definitely serves an equally convenient, but narrower, purpose.

FWIW ...

Reply to
Swingman

Agreed, I got mine when they were being introduced at a WW show. I mounted mine on a set up jig with it mounted flush with the top 2x's that are mounted to a piece of 3/4" plywood. Hopefully it will be mounted to a work bench one day.

Reply to
Leon