Koa wood source in Maui? Jo4hn?

Sorry for the double post (different header), but I leave Sat 3:30 AM... I thought the previous header might be mistaken for one of the troll's posts TIA
Aloha Any recommendations for a source of Koa that might also ship some back to Florida for me? I'll be in Maui for a week and am serious about buying some of that gorgeous wood for an as yet unknown project (or two). I know Jo4hn is somewhat familiar with Hawaii, anyone else? Mahalo, Tom
Don't know about Maui, but my father who lives on Oahu makes trips to the Big Island (Hawaii) to buy a guy who has his sawmill there. I'll check.
Layne
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:53:37 -0400, "Thomas H. Bunetta"

Thanks, I appreciate this! Tom <Layne> wrote in message wrote:

Thomas H. Bunetta wrote:

big island but a DAGS on Maui koa "lumber sales" gave two results. Tough going to Maui on business.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Thanks for the replies, Jo4hn... The hardest part to swallow is THEY"RE BUYING! I believe that even the airfare will be reimbursed <VBG> Last year it was Mexico, that was nice... going back to the islands after thirty seven years is SUPER! I was stationed in Pearl Harbor '65-'67. SWMBO wants to re-visit Oahu, but for some reason I'd prefer going to one of the islands we haven't seen before (she was married to a Marine at Kaneohe (sp?) in another life <G>) and also spent 3 years living around Honolulu.. Mahalo, Tom

There are a couple of hardwood stores somewhere near the big airport. Never looked, but found them in the phonebook. Maui Laminates 871-6500; Harware Lumber 244-0499 (note still in wallet from last year)
If you are in Lahina, there are a few woodworking places in the industrial area on the mountain side of the main highway. Its not big. Cruise through, sort of on the north end of town. There's at least one cabinet guy, and another place or two that does woodworking.
Chris
--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa

Hey Tom,
The guy that my dad buys his koa from is: Jay Warner Awapuhi Farm and Mill 808.968.7074
He usually does big orders so he might not be the one for you...or maybe he is? Anyway, try and give him a call and see what he can do or not do for you.
Also, check out woodfinder.com for other retail sources. The list is by no means complete...just the ones that list on woodfinder. Unfortunately it didn't list any koa sources on Maui...only Oahu and the Big Island.
Hope this helps,
Layne
<snip>
Thanks for all the posts, y'all... I'll be thinking of ya' (won't be bringing a 'puter to drop in). based on one of your posts I don't know how much Koa I'll be able to afford to buy (and ship), but I'll be dam*ed if I'll get that close with out buying at least <one> decent board! Tom
BTW... anyone figure out how to filter dizum from OE?