know of any free linux 3d cad software?

I googled the old posts on this news group but couldnt find anything conclusive...

Is there any linux-based free 3d design software that folks here use?

Thanks, irax.

Reply to
Iraxl Enb

Of course not. that's one of the reasons that Normal People do not use Linux (nor any other software named after a Peanuts Character).

(Oh My, I hear the pitter pattering footsteps of the Linux Loonies in the distance. As the natives often say in other comic strips, "Ayiieeee !!")

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Not 3D, but free and works for me:

Doug Winterburn

...or maybe you can find something here:

Doug Winterburn

Irax,

You might have better luck looking in some of the alt.linux newsgroups, or alt.os.linux etc.. but I do have a couple of URLs to linux software map pages from when I used to work with Unix at Lucent Tech. in the Bell Laboratories unit:

luck

Iraxl Enb wrote:

Reply to
Bob Kuphal

Glad you made it out in one piece!

Thanks for the links.

irax.

Bob Kuphal wrote:

Reply to
Iraxl Enb

Irax,

Check out the Linux CAD free list at

Rick Chamberlain

Since you mentioned Lucent / Bell Labs am I safe in assuming after February, 1996?

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

You'll love this one then, Tom:

yes, I'm a fanatical Linux zealot, just for the record. I can laugh about it. While you're at it, try:

windows-rg.swf

Reply to
Silvan

Akshully I was just having some fun. I've got an older box that I replaced a month or so ago and, once I get a cheapo monitor for it, I'm gonna have a go at this Linux stuff.

Still, when it comes to bidness apps, my heart (and wallet) belong to Bill.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Reply to
Bob Kuphal

Reply to
Bob Kuphal

Reply to
Bob Kuphal

Any ones in particular? Mebee I can find some functional equivalents that will spare your wallet and/or vital organs.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Akshully, you don't need no steenkin' monitor/keyboard/mouse for the older box once you get linux installed and if both boxes are networked. Just install a VNC server on the Linux box and a VNC client on yur windoze box - free of course :-)

Here's the link:

Doug Winterburn

I've been a tech with AT&T since '69. Still hanging in there, missin' you guys.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Talk about being deserving of the "Iron Man" award...

I bailed from Moto in '98 on a yummy VSP program after 23 years, but now that the grandson of the founder has "retired" as CEO, maybe they have a chance at a turn around.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Doug Winterburn spaketh...

Reply to
McQualude

Better check the site again. Even the source is available for download. I picked up the RedHat RPM at:

Doug Winterburn

seems to be a big improvement over 1.5 from what I've seen so far.

Reply to
Joe Wells