knockdown bookself

greetings i am looking for someone that has built a knockdown bookshelf. my plan is to build a bookshelf that can be added on but yet be knocked down without a problem. we are living in a appartment right now but are planning to buy a house soon. i have so many collectibles and action figures(they are in storage now) i want to be able to display them before moving in a house. i want to be able to build the shelves in units that can be attached without any problems

any ideas? or plans( blueprints) manuel-thomas(at)gmx.net thanks manuel

Reply to
manuel thomas

Well, You could build the sides, top and bottom shelf with non-glued dowel joints that just slot in to each other and then have slot-in adjustable shelves. You would need to use a stable wood of course so your dowel joints would not misalign themselves over time.

That's just one of many ideas of course, but its the first that camr to mind as I made something similar years ago and it worked very well.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Woodworking Techniques & Projects

- Kreg Right Angle Clamp

- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw

- Dowelmax Doweling System

- Ryobi CDL1802D Pro Series 18v Cordless Drill

Woody