KNIFE

Couple of days ago I saw a thread with some guy wanting to know what he could do with old saw blades. If he needs to be told what to do with them, he'll probably need instructions too.

JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it.

- Red Green

Reply to
J T

Thanks JT, that was me. At first I wasn't sure what other people do with the old blades other than clocks or chucking it in the trash bin. Making knives, cool! Drilling holes looks like a lot of work, a plasma cutter (future purchase) looks pretty good right now if I don't need to grind too much back to hard steel or learn how to heat treat.

Reply to
Jack

my wife used to run a saw sharpening shop out of the house... she took 3 skill saw blades, painted them the color of the house trim, stuck them on the front of the garage and put brass address numbers on them..

I think they're kind of tacky, but we've had several positive comments about how easy our house is to find..lol

(couldn't have anything to do with the pile of turning blanks and logs that line the driveway)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis