Kitchen Progress part 97 w/pics

Evening all,

I finished the drawers for my parents kitchen awhile ago, but just got around to installing them along with some drawer fronts. Working on a kitchen 3 hours at a time two days a week makes for a long project....

I never did figure out how the Blum full extension drawer slides were supposed to work according to any instructions I could find, so I just built a box and then dead reckoned how to build the drawer based on real measurements.

went to install two drawers in a cabinet and noticed, opps, guess what is missing?

forgot the centre divider... Pocket screws to the rescue.

have some of the doors and fronts on now, notice the door on the far right, it opens to a full height lazy susan. It is one piece top to bottom, it just looks like there is a separate drawer on top.

100 years and I will be done :).

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Really nice job David.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Very, very nice.

If I were your parents, or any client, waiting for such great cabinets I would just sit back and watch the master at work. IOW, I'm of the opinion they'll be worth the wait.

Mike W.

Reply to
Mike W.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:15:50 -0500, the inscrutable "David F. Eisan" spake:

primer on the walls yet. What color paint will you be using? I really have a problem with that stuff, y'know? I'd sooner drive a Chebby (or other Yugo) than paint my walls that color.

Man, kitchens are a LOT of work, aren't they? Gluck!

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:39:15 -0800, the inscrutable "David F. Eisan" spake:

Oh, I thought you said that was the final color, and her choice. I ran to the bathroom and threw up after hearing that. =:/

Excellent! (P.S: There's but one "m" in "coming", you colourful guy.)

How are they dealing with it? BL&D out?

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larrykins,

Yah, yah, yah...

On another wall, there is an even worse-er test patch of what was supposed to be some sort of green, but looks more like washed out battleship grey primer.

Paint is comming, as is tile...

You can say that again, this one will be celebrating its second aniversery soon...

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Reply to
Pat Barber

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:46:29 GMT, the inscrutable Pat Barber spake:

Didn't you see his picture of them in the wooden box he made? (That cracked me up, the savvy Ironmonger.)

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If I may ask, what kind of fully concealed drawer slides did you use, and where did you get them?

thanks

Reply to
Rex_flex