Kitchen Progress part 97 w/pics

Evening all,
I finished the drawers for my parents kitchen awhile ago, but just got around to installing them along with some drawer fronts. Working on a kitchen 3 hours at a time two days a week makes for a long project....
I never did figure out how the Blum full extension drawer slides were supposed to work according to any instructions I could find, so I just built a box and then dead reckoned how to build the drawer based on real measurements.
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/protod0.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/protod1.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/protod2.jpg
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/drawerslide1.jpg
I went to install two drawers in a cabinet and noticed, opps, guess what is missing?
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/whatsmissing.jpg
Ayup, forgot the centre divider... Pocket screws to the rescue.
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/centredivider.jpg
I have some of the doors and fronts on now, notice the door on the far right, it opens to a full height lazy susan. It is one piece top to bottom, it just looks like there is a separate drawer on top.
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/somefrontson.jpg
Another 100 years and I will be done :).
David.

Really nice job David.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:15:50 -0500, the inscrutable "David F. Eisan"

I see that you still haven't painted over the Rustoleum rusty metal primer on the walls yet. What color paint will you be using? <snicker> I really have a problem with that stuff, y'know? I'd soonerdrive a Chebby (or other Yugo) than paint my walls that color.

Man, kitchens are a LOT of work, aren't they? Gluck!
-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larrykins,

Yah, yah, yah...
On another wall, there is an even worse-er test patch of what was supposed to be some sort of green, but looks more like washed out battleship grey primer.
Paint is comming, as is tile...

You can say that again, this one will be celebrating its second aniversery soon...
David.
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:39:15 -0800, the inscrutable "David F. Eisan"

Oh, I thought you said that was the final color, and her choice. I ran to the bathroom and threw up after hearing that. =:/

Excellent! (P.S: There's but one "m" in "coming", you colourful guy.)

How are they dealing with it? BL&D out?
-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
How old are your parents at the conclusion of this saga ???
David F. Eisan wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:46:29 GMT, the inscrutable Pat Barber

Didn't you see his picture of them in the wooden box he made? (That cracked me up, the savvy Ironmonger.)
-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
If I may ask, what kind of fully concealed drawer slides did you use, and where did you get them?
thanks