Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

PKB

Reply to
ChairMan

It's a shame that so many government policies have run manufacturers out of the country. I mentioned to someone else that people vote with their feet and corporations and manufacturers vote with their moving vans. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Or mabe you're just another loon who thinks this is a room

Reply to
jim

Google: metaphor

Reply to
-MIKE-

Google: loon

Reply to
jim

Like I said, lying, triturate, and lazy.

Reply to
krw

Made in the USA with right-to-work labor. ;-)

Is it better than the product made in China with slave labor? The same people are whining about that (you), yet insist on buying it.

It should be easy? ...just because you're too lazy to do your research? Nah, you'll just buy the crap and whine anyway.

Reply to
krw

Lefties will never understand that. They don't even want to consider the consequences of their actions. It's too hard.

Reply to
krw

When was that? There were stickers on TV chassis in the '60s to declare the percentage of the set was made in the US. Every 'American' brand had some imported parts. The worst were Mexican made inductors. they used a high acid flux and didn't clean the joints, so when a set was three years old in the Ohio valley the wire would finally corrode all the way through. Even the early Japanese electronics was better quality.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Have you tried cleaning them properly and applying a good coat of automotive paste wax on (the non-contractor grade ones)? I use the old standard, 'Turtle Wax, hard shell pates wax' to keep things clean. I started doing that when I was selling used computers about 20 years ago. People would leave dirty spots on the ones on display, but it just took a quick wipe with a damp rag to clean most them if they were waxed.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's why so many just kill file the fool.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

EA's intelligence and education peek through sometimes, as when he discusses chemistry.

Kanye West is a good example of an upper-middle-class A student who purposely misrepresents themselves to gain street acceptance. His mother chaired the English Department at Chicago State University.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I read a post somewhere I think it was our Texan friend HB about an insurance company buying up a lot of property in Texas because it's a lot more of a business friendly state and the company may move there. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

clipped

People do vote with their feet, stampeding past the mom and pop store to Walmart.

Reply to
Norminn

I do a lot of work in Walmart stores, you'd be amazed at the amount of technology in retail stores these days. Last week me and JH were on an electric man lift working on the 42" video advertising displays at one of the Walmart Supercenter store's entrances. Besides, I like to watch the people who wander around in there. Last week we had an old fellow who was an army veteran on an electric cart roll up to where we were working and start telling us about his job at the arsenal repair depot were he retired from and worked on main battle tanks like the M60 and M1A1. I'll always spend some time talking to the elderly when I can and have the time. Heck, if I survive to get that old, I hope someone will take the time to speak to me. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Do you vist:

Michael A. Terrell

I haven't been to that site before but there are all kinds of "The People of Walmart" videos out there even some songs. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

There are probably a thousand pictures of the strange being that inhabit the dark isles of WalMart stores on that site. Don't blame me if you spend a whole day asking yourself, WTH?

Make sure you're sitting down when you visit their DIY repair site:

Michael A. Terrell

The problem is, I've seen and had to deal with those kind of things for real. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Then you'll appreciate the Redneck Smoke Alarm:

Ed Huntress