Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

It isn't all that hard to read but why bother? What's the point when one can write it properly? And that is the whole point of those who disliked your original post...you wanted feedback from readers so why not just post your question/problem succinctly using reasonable English?

IOW, it isn't a problem of being unable to read your "simple shit", it's just a matter of "why bother".

Reply to
dadiOH

I would have used J.M.W.Turner for the example if he were better known.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Supurb landscapes! I saw an exhibition of his work at the National Gallery of Art in D.C. a couple of years ago. The actual paintings will knock you out.

I used Rob's work because some of it relates to Picasso's early paintings more closely.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It was quite reasonable. What in particular is your grouse?

Heh, yer gonna miss my unreasonable Englich, when they have you speaking Reasonable Spanich.... Been in HD lately?? goodgawd....

Which is usually the bleat of the simple mind, esp. overly-entitled *gangs* of simple minds.

Exactly what was so troublesome about the op? What part of "gratuitous complexity" don't y'all understand?

Reply to
Existential Angst

You're either lying, illiterate, or lazy (didn't look for more than 10 minutes). I'm betting on all three.

Reply to
krw

And because he's a good shot?? LOL

I can't cite the exact Picasso painting, drawing, but whatever it was showed superb draftsmanship -- at least to me. It showed that this was not some guy riding the Pop Cultural Magic Carpet Ride, 'spressin hisself -- he really knows what he's doing. Dali is another one, iirc.

Andy Warhol was another -- he actually eked out a good living as a working commercial artist -- cereal boxes'n'shit.... Very inneresting bio. Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side was in fact about Warhol's li'l cabal:

Existential Angst

My wife found some wipes that work really well on stainless. They're expensive but I was amazed how well they polished the sink (I lived in the house six months before she moved - she gets the honors now ;-).

I don't have a problem with Windex but it does have to be taken off before it dries. A last swipe with a little Windex on a paper towel takes the last bit of streaks off. Watch the paper towels, though. Some of the pretty printing dissolves in Windex and makes a mess of paint. DAMHIKT.

Interesting. I'll have to try it. It does make sense.

Like I said, our appliances don't show finger prints at all. There seems to be an oleophobic coating on them (the non-contractor grade ones).

Reply to
krw

Take a look at the link. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I thought I'd include that because Gary Cooper once gave Picasso a revolver.

Dali was a great draughtsman.

Oh, yeah. I was a Village Crawler in those days. I was a big Velvet Underground fan...well, a Nico fan.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It's amazing. Those who whine most about Chinese crap are the same people who refuse to buy American when it is available.

Reply to
krw

In the late 60's I was the technical assistant to an artist-filmmaker who looked like Warhol, but better, and somewhat imitated the Factory in an apartment house populated by all his entourage. I was more-or-less Billy Name, with the theatre friends, minus the drugs which they respected their brains too much to use.

I left when their side became too wild for me.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Well, dipshit, how about "just kidding"?

Reply to
Norminn

The section on "computer equipment" was real interesting.

If we blockade China for fooling (I've used "f*ck" too many times today) with our networks, we won't have diddly-squat to make stuff with. Wonder what that would do for employment.

Reply to
Norminn

I thought I liked Mary Travers until we followed PP&M around to make a music video of them to circulate on the 16mm art house circuit.

I started prowling the Village on weekends off from Ft Monmouth in

1970 and missed that scene. I ignored two fine musicals I later worked on, 1776 and Jacques Brel, because I didn't like the names. (kicks self)

The USO even had free tickets to them. I must have been the only GI in New York then who liked theatre, because those were the only free tickets they always still had.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Yes. If you haven't seen it and get a chance to do so, the Dali Museum in St. Petersberg, FL has a great collection.

Reply to
dadiOH

And a hypercritical one who is outraged when they get it back.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Define "buy American".

If I buy a product in which the $50 worth of parts were all made in the US and the final product was assembled in the US by a $1,000,000 robot that was made in Japan, does that constitute "buying American"?

This is an interesting site related to "Qualified 'Made in USA' claims":

http://bus "60% U.S. content." "Made in USA of U.S. and imported parts." "Couch assembled in USA from Italian Leather and Mexican Frame."

Buying American isn't as clear cut as it used to be, and certainly not as easy.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yeah, I saw it around 25 years ago. And Dalis show up from time to time in the big NYC museums, which I've seen several times.

The work is impressive. The art -- or what it says about Dali's mind

-- is...a little scary.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ya hablo espaol. La escribo y leo tambien.

Reply to
dadiOH

but, but........I'm right and everybody else just doesn't understand me

Reply to
ChairMan