Kitchen Island

My wife wants me to build an island for the kitchen. She is having a hard time finding what she wants. She has searched the net quite a bit and still comes up blank. Is there any one who knows where we can find plans, pictures or drawings of different islands? Jim
SWMBO never has a problem coming up with pictures out of magazines to bring me when she wants something built. The BORGS have a kitchen magazine/book section that has kitchen ideas galore. That would be a good place to start. Seems most of what you see on the web these days is junk.
Most kitchen islands are basically kitchen 'base cabinets' with a top, and perhaps some creative design touches. We/SWMBO decided to go utilitarian and I built ours with a bank of 12 drawers on one side, and cabinets with adjustable shelves on the other. It won't win any creative design awards, but use has proven it to be exactly what she wanted ... plenty of storage space, and a 5' X 7' top that is a "workbench" for the kitchen.
Pictures on the web site below on one of the Project Journal pages, if you're interested in that approach.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/04
Jim Heater wrote: