kitchen cabinets

anything on building kitchen cabinets
Cabinets are easy. Big boxes. Doors/drawers are harder.
Pat (in snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com) said:
| Cabinets are easy. Big boxes. Doors/drawers are harder.
Nah - doors are flat and drawers are just boxes without topses.
said:

Topses? LOL

That's CNC talk, Leon.
Patsy,
I have no idea concerning your woodworking experience, equipment you have, or type of cabinet you want to build. Basically, there are two types - face frame and frameless cabinetry. And with the frameless cabinet there is the true 32 mm system where holes are drilled base on 32 millimeter spacing for modular cabinet building, or an adaptation of traditional cabinets without face frames.
I would suggest a book or two such as "Building your Kitchen Cabinets", by Jere Cary, "Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets", by Jim Tolpin, and "Build Your Own Kitchen Cabinets - Second Edition", by Danny Proulx. The first book is devoted more to face frame cabinets (traditional style), while the third book adapts a traditional style to frameless cabinetry. Although they all have good information, I would choose the first and third books for good reference. However, I think the best way to see how a cabinet is built is to go to Home Depot and look at how their boxes are built, or find some custom homes being built and go inside an look at the cabinets before the tops are on.
Once you have done a little research and learning, you can ask more specific questions for better answers.
Preston

Get this book and you will be set, Its perfect. Check Ebay for a cheaper price
The Complete Cabinet Maker's Reference - Jeffrey Piontkowski Popular Woodworking ISBN 1-55870-757-3 $29.99 US 255 pages
The book by Jere Cary was the one I bought when I built cabinets for my mother's kitchen. When I had the plumber come to connect the sink for me, he commented that it was nice to see a cabinet that was built properly for sink mounting.

I did my own bathroom cabinets. If you don't have the heavy duty router and bit set for raised panel doors it may be easier to just buy those but face frame boxes are pretty easy. I avoided tricky joints by just using 3/4" x 3/4" cleats (screw and glued) in the corners. My only power tools at the time were a drill and a table saw.