Kitchen cabinet drawers

Page 2 of 2
Use mellamine covered 1/4 inch for the bottoms goes a long way. Jack
wrote in message

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Inside a kitchen drawer? One of the places I would consider once again using Minwax gloss, that thick heavy plastic crap.
Set the drawers in front of fans to help them harden between coats. I've noticed the lingering stink comes from earlier coats out gassing through later coats.
In a production situation this is unrealistic. As a DIY let's be real. You wouldn't be building your own if ultimate speed was that important.
Then as you say, giving it a wipe with a damp rag .... Hell, giving them a scrub with a brush. Little bits of festering food are one thing, as has been said, suffer a big boff of syrup and you'll wish they could be hosed, or at least washed in the sink.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio

Besides the lingering smell of the product used for the finish, I like the look and contrast of the finished and unfinished wood. I have had some women mention that they did not want their clothing to smell like the finish used inside of a drawer. I generally leave the inner 5 surfaces of a drawer box unfinished.

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:53:00 -0700, Tim Douglass

I finish inside drawers....

I try to always finish with drawers off ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04
wrote in message

Well that is kinda kinky... LOL
"Leon" wrote in message

Glad you got the joke ... hmmm, wonder if there is a binary group for that?
;>)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04
Swingman wrote:

Yes, there is.
I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:26:45 GMT, "Leon"

ya know, when it's hot in the shop and I'm out there alone I often do lose the drawers. spraying finishes is one of the processes where I *wouldn't* want to do that....

Ok, you could have kept that to your self... ;~)
"Leon" wrote in message ...

We can hope/pray that there is no associated binary group.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
Swingman wrote:

Probably has his own clandestine site with streaming video.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Swingman wrote:

It was only a matter of time.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Not sure what I will do yet but you have given me a lot of information to think about. Thanks again.
Jim web site: www.woodblog.com