Kitchen Cabinet doors pinch in corners when opening

I have just installed a Wood-Mode kitchen and am having a problem with the cabinet doors not fully opening where mounted next to my fridge, stove, corner, or overlay. While the doors/hinges have been "tuned" as close together in the middle as possible, they will only open <85 degrees before they "pinch". The doors are Beacon Hill raised panel on a framed base. Why would the design be so tight that a cabinet door could not fully open at least 90 degrees next to a wall or other protrusion? Is there anything that can be done? These are expensive cabinets and I am afraid my contractor is about to tell me...that's the best we can do.
Should he have planned for a filler next to these protrusions so the cabinet is not butted to the one next to it? I have seen many kitchens with similar design and the doors always open at least 90 degrees.... Any help for me or my contractor before we end up in an argument?
If anyone knows how to reach Wood-Mode, please pass on that information. I think they should know the issues I am running into with this tight tolerance.
Thanks,
CeeGee
http://www.wood-mode.com /
That was a hard one....
Bob S.

If they are adjusted properly then they are using the wrong hinge and/or hinge plate Wood-Mode I understand has a good rep and should take care of it.

Can someone suggest the right hinge for a framed cabinet using these doors. Truly, they have adjusted as best they can and I still cannot open doors enough to pull out drawers without hitting door. There must be a solution and my contractor has not found it. His solution is to add another hinge at the top or bottom so the door will stop before it pinches which will ultimately dent the doors in the corner... not the right answer.
Also, the Wood-mode website does not have a phone number or address for email? does anyone have that information?
Chris
Chris,
Gotta get you introduced on how to do a search.......
Wood-Mode Ph (570)374-2711 Fax (570)374-2700
And ya didn't even say thanks to anyone..........
Bob S.

From the website, they identify the town, and state, they're in.
Using <http://www.switchboard.com , searching for a business-name "wood-mode", in the state of PA, turns up three listings.
Amazingly, the 1st one matches the town name, from the web-site. Identifies itself as the 'corporate offices', *and* has a phone number.
"the numerical answer is left as an exercise for the student." <grin>
Thanks to all who have educated me on the use of the web! and for Wood-mode's contact info... If I was proficient at this, I would not have spent the last 7 hours studying more than I cared ever to know about concealed Euro hinges for partial inset overlay framed doors. Still don't know what the right answer is, but, at least I could converse with my contractor today to convince him.... the hinge is the answer, before they tear out the cabinets, take another three inches off (and drawers), order new doors and add a filler.
You've been great! And I think I'll spend more time researching contractors next time as well... this has been a nightmare.
I'll keep you posted
CeeGee
CeeGee wrote:

Adding another hinge to the doors isn't the answer. Is the door stile, on the hinge side, hitting the stile of the carcass when you open it (what you are calling pinch)? If so it sounds like the doors are warped, the carcass may be racked, or the hinges aren't set out far enough on the carcass stile.
Have you talked to the supplier/distributor about this yet? That would be my first call.
Scott
up later, the damage remains.